Love Those Mutts
Pictures of Mixed-Breed Dogs
"This is Hazel :). She is a 3-month-old Lab / Shepherd / Husky mix puppy. I got her from a local rescue after having no luck at any shelters. But really, I couldn't be happier! She is very intelligent and I'm not just saying that because she’s my dog, but really, she keeps you on your toes and is always willing to learn something new. For the most part, I believe she is balanced. She has never been aggressive toward me, never pulls on her leash, and waits for me to say ’OK’ when it’s time for her to eat. Hopefully things stay that way! 30+ minute walks seem to do the trick."
"I love watching the Dog Whisperer and picking up the do's and don’ts I have learned throughout the show. So far, I have done a few things that he has advised such as walking through the door before her, eating before her, not letting her pull the leash, and not praising her when she has a seizure of excitement once I get home."
"I took this picture once I walked into my room after a nice, soothing shower at night expecting Hazel to be sound asleep. Which she was, but apparently she had a little fun before she passed out with some paper towels that had been within her reach."
"Clemson the Rhodesian Ridgeback / Pit bull / Shar Pei mix at 4 years old—she is very energetic, but we have trouble giving her all the exercise she needs. She loves bones and hates showers."
This is Caesar the Bishon Frise / Pomeranian / Coton de Tulear at 9 months old.
"My hybrid is from a Golden Retriever father and Hovawart mother. I call him a ’Black Forest Retriever.’"
"His name is MoJo and he is 8 months old. His coloring is pure black with tinges of beet red around the ears and mane. This gives him a devilish look. I have attached a recent photo, as well as his puppy photo to show the characteristics."
"He has the playfulness of the Golden along with the guard dog instincts of the Hovawart. He is a very good mountain dog; hiking and swimming are his favourite pastimes. In winter he goes cross-country skiing. He is very playful outdoors and very calm and quiet in the house."
"I have trained him to walk on a loose leash using techniques I learned from Cesar Milan and others. This dog loves to learn things, and is very willing to please his owner. He is friendly to children and other dogs. He is tops in agility but does not yet dive from a dock into the water. He is still a puppy."
"He never wanders far from his keepers and he can stay outside the house, just lying on the front lawn. He is very wise for his age. He can find us by using only his nose."
"He is the best of both breeds and I would never get a purebred again after knowing him."
MoJo the Golden Retriever / Hovawart hybrid as a young puppy
"This is Indie, our recent adoptee. She has had a horrible past, and we've had her for one week. I am responsible for her care mainly, which is good as she has bonded with me quite quickly. She is getting better with my husband slowly. She is doing wonderfully on walks, with the exception of passing very loud vehicles. I'm not sure how to correct her shrinking and pulling back in fear, other than a tug on the leash and telling her ’come’ and get her to walk beside me again."
"I am reading ‘Cesar's Way’ and correcting my own behavior. Indie, I feel, is very responsive to me being alpha; she knows I go in and out doors first and she knows to walk beside or behind me. I'm now working on letting her know I tell her where to sniff/pee. She waits for me to tell her ’come’ from our backyard."
"These are pictures of my dog Piper. She is a Lab / Heeler. In the picture above she is 8 months old, she is very loving, playful and full of energy. She needs to be taken out on walks at least twice a day, and have somewhere to run around. This kind of mixed breed needs to have lots of toys or they will chew things up (bad quirk). Cannot be left alone!! Very good guard dog. Has a very big appetite. Will do good in an apartment, that’s where I live, but must have daily exercise. Does very well with children. I would have to say she is a bird or small animal chaser. Loves to chase squirrels and birds. Piper was very easy to train, she is very smart and has no problem following commands."
Piper the Blue Heeler / Labraodor Retriever mix as a puppy
"This is my beautiful Bess. She is 15 months old on the photo. She is a cross between a Beagle and Husky and was born in Cyprus, where we live. She is very intelligent and loving. She loves to play, run and swim as well as a good sleep! Bess has survived a poisoning and more recently a snake bite from a blunt-nosed viper! She must have nine lives and think she is a cat!"
"She is my girl and I love her to pieces. She is my first dog as I grew up with cats but I am now a true doggie person. There are quite a lot of Huskies in Cyprus although it gets very hot here. We do have snow in the winter up in the mountains and Bess has played in the snow and loved it."
"This picture is of my daughter's dog, Naceda and my niece's cat, Smudge. They play together very well. Naceda is very gentle and is deaf. She has learned some sign language and is great company."
"This is Chet. He is about nine months old in this picture. He's a Collie / Lab / German Shepherd / Pit Bull / Rottie mix. He is a big teddy bear. He gets along great with kids and other animals alike. He loves to play with his soccer ball and will retrieve just about anything. His favorite thing to play with though, is his Dachshund / Min Pin buddy. He was the only pup in the litter that had all the beautiful Collie markings. You would never know he has Rottie or Pit Bull in him. He was a great choice to make as a family pet."
Chet the Collie / Lab / German Shepherd / Pit Bull / Rottie mix at 9 months old with his soccer ball
"This is Cas, a Corgi x Beagle mix, at 9 years old. She is very laid back with the people she knows very well (ex: family, people that have been over the house many times, neighbors). Even when she was a puppy, she never chewed anything besides her own toys. We rescued her when she was 6 months old. She is a little shy with new people and other dogs, but after a few minutes she warms up to them and has no problems. Cas would rather be on a walk than in the yard. She is very smart and picks up on things easily. As she has gotten older, she is very set in her routines and likes to follow them."
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 1
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 2
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 3
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 4
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 5
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 6
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 7
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 8
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 9
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 10
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 11
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 12
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 13
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 14
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 15
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 16
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 17
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 18
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 19
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 20
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 21
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 22
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 23
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 24
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 25
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 26
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 27
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 28
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 29
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 30
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 31
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 32
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 33
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 34
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 35
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 36
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 37
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 38
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 39
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 40
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 41
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 42
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 43
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 44
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 45
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 46
- Mixed Breed Dog Pictures 47
- Pictures of Mixed Breed Dogs - Main
- Mixed Breed Info
- Hybrid Dog Information
- Full List of Popular or Recognized Hybrids
- Mixed Breed Dogs - Collectable Vintage Figurines
Dog DNA Tests
- Natural Dogmanship
- It's a Way of Life
- A Group Effort
- Why Dogs Must be Followers
- What Does it Mean to be Dominant?
- Dogs Only Need Love
- Different Dog Temperaments
- Dog Body Language
- Stopping Fights Among your Pack
- Dog Training vs. Dog Behavior
- Punishment vs. Correction in Dogs
- Are you setting your dog up for failure?
- Lack of Natural Dog Behavior Knowledge
- The Grouchy Dog
- Working with a Fearful Dog
- Old Dog, New Tricks
- Understanding a Dog's Senses
- The Human Dog
- Projecting Authority
- My Dog was Abused
- Successfully Adopting a Rescue Dog
- Positive Reinforcement: Is it enough?
- Adult Dog and the New Puppy
- Why Did My Dog Do That?
- Proper Way to Walk a Dog
- The Walk: Passing Other Dogs
- Introducing Dogs
- Dogs and Human Emotions
- Do Dogs Discriminate?
- The Intuition of a Dog
- Speaking Dog
- Dogs: Fear of Storms and Fireworks
- Providing a Job Helps Dog with Issues
- Teaching Dogs to Respect the Kids
- Proper Human to Dog Communication
- Rude Dog Owners
- Canine Feeding Instincts
- Human to Dog No-No's: Your Dog
- Human to Dog No-No's: Other Dogs
- FAQ About Dogs
- Small Dogs vs. Medium and Large Dogs
- Separation Anxiety in Dogs
- Dominant Behaviors in Dogs
- The Submissive Dog
- Bringing Home the New Human Baby
- Approaching a Dog
- Top Dog
- Establishing and Keeping Alpha Position
- Alpha Boot Camp for Dogs
- Guarding Furniture
- Stopping a Jumping Dog
- Using Human Psychology on Jumping Dogs
- Dogs Chasing Cars
- Training Collars. Should they be used?
- Spaying and Neutering your Dog
- Submissive Peeing
- An Alpha Dog
- Who's More Prone to Fight, Male or Female Dogs?
- Whelping: Puppy Nipple Guarding
- The Truth behind the Pit Bull Terrier
- Protecting Your Puppy from Dog Attacks
- Chaining Dogs
- SPCA High-Kill Shelter
- A Senseless Death, a Misunderstood Dog
- Amazing What a Little Leadership Can Do
- Transforming a Rescue Dog
- DNA Canine Breed Identification
- Raising a Puppy
- Raising an Alpha Puppy
- Raising a Middle of the Road Puppy
- Raising a Back of the Line Puppy
- Stages of Puppy Development
- Introducing a New Crate to a Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Temperament Test
- Puppy Temperaments
- A Dog Fight - Understanding your Pack
- Understanding your puppy or dog
- Runaway Dog!
- Socializing your Dog
- Should I Get a Second Dog
- Is your Dog Out of Control?
- Illusion Dog Training Collar
- Top Dog Photos
- Training your Puppy or Dog
- Puppy Biting
- Deaf Dogs
- Are You Ready for a Dog?
- Breeders vs. Rescues
- Find the Perfect Dog
- Caught in the Act
- The Pack of Dogs is Here!
- Recommended Dog Books and DVDs
- Need to find your dog a home?